ADVANCED BIDDING SEMINARS
Tue, June 16 through July 21, 1:00-3:30pm on BBO & Zoom
Instructor, Larry Huiras
A 6-lesson series designed for improving players who would like to move from Std Amer to a 2/1 system. It would be extremely advantageous for a regular partnership that would like to develop a basic 2/1 card to take the course together.
June 16 - Intro to Two Over One: Part 1, Game Forcing Auctions
June 23 - Intro to 2 Over 1: Part 2, Changes in Bidding Structure & Forcing NT
June 30 - Minor Suit Openings, Inverted Minors & where to play
July 7 - 2 Club and 2 NT Openings, Conventions you should know/play
July 14 - Alternative bidding structures – Bergen Raises & Slam Bidding
July 21 - Competitive Auctions – messing with them, messing with you.
Each Class is designed for about an hour of interactive instruction online using Zoom followed by online practice hands with a mentor.
Choose classes on pulldown menu to pay class fees.
Due to COVID-19 and our State of Minnesota mandates, we will be closed until further notice. Please join us online - see below for instructions.
ONLINE GAME HELP:
The Bridge Center of St Paul is now holding only online club games. All of these games are 24-28 boards. ONLY players on our BBO list will be authorized to play in these games. The list includes players who have won points at the BCofStP in the last 12 months. Also included are players in our peering pool: Twin City Bridge Center, Plymouth/Edina, Metro Bridge, St Cloud, Duluth, and Mankato. If you can't register, please contact Kim at least 20 minutes before a game.
Here's how to play:
1. Go to BBO version 3, address: www.bridgebase.com/v3/
2. You have to have a BBO account. Setting up an account is free.
3. Cost will be $5 per game, per player. You have to have that money in your BBO account to register for a game. From the BBO homepage, click on BB$ to add funds either via Paypal or any credit card. You can pay for yourself and invite a partner or pay for both you and your partner.
4. Beginning 2 hours before gametime our game will be listed on the site. From the homepage look at the Blue menu, find Competitive, then click on ACBL Virtual Clubs. Scan the list to find a BCofStP game.
5. Both you and your partner need to be online at the time of registration. Both need to be online also at game time or you'll be unregistered.
Benefits: You will get to hang out with your club pals, you will earn Black club points which the ACBL augments with 1.5 multiplier bonus, and best of all, the club gets the majority of your gamefees.
If you need ANY help let us know. Signing up for BBO, navigating the site, getting money in your account, etc. If you can't find a partner, cal or textl Kim or click partnership within the tournament and wait to see if someone else comes alone. Also, if you are a single and we have a 1/2 table, we can get a sub to fill in with you. Kim & Larry H will be directing these games the foreseeable future. Again, please contact us with questions.
Hang in there everyone!
Online BBO Game Schedule:
Mondays: 9:30am 0-500 Pairs & 9:45am Open Pairs
Tuesdays: 9:45am Open & 6:30pm 0-750 Pairs
Wednesdays: 9:45am Open Pairs, 1:30pm 0-300 Pairs & 6:30pm Open Pairs
Thursdays: 12:15pm 0-300 Pairs & 12:30pm Open Pairs
Fridays: 9:30am 0-500 Pairs & 9:45am Open Pairs
Saturdays: 12:00pm 0-500 Pairs, 12:30pm Fast Pairs & 6:30pm Open Pairs
Sundays: 12:00 Open Pairs, 12:30pm 0-750 Pairs & 5:30pm Open Pairs
Join ACBL, click here
Kim Hayward 651-271-3500
(call or text)
Manager: Kimberly Hayward
Assistant Manager: Larry Huiras
Board of Directors (8/19-7/20):
Larry McIntyre, President
Bill Voedisch, Vice President
Tom Owens, Secretary
Grant Duffrin, Treasurer
Stephanie Steele, Board Member